Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Note from John: Successful Northern California Trip

Now that I have caught my breath, I just wanted to say what a great time I had in Northern California last weekend. I kicked off my Old Man Dreamin' support tour at Pierre and Leighs' house concert series in Penryn on Friday. As usual, they were fantastic hosts and always seem to fill the place. It was my fourth time there and really appreciate their support. Saturday, I played in Carmel Valley at a songwriters' showcase hosted by Kiki Wow. I performed outside on a patio and the crowd was great and very appreciative. The restaurant were about as friendly and generous as any folks I have ever met. I was with Steve Smith and Charlette Fuggetta and they fed us all and wouldn't let us pay for a thing. What hosts and the food was great! Sunday I recorded a podcast with Michael Gaither and played a house concert in San Martin hosted by Dan Holden that evening. It was Dans' first house concert and he did a really great job. I played outside and it was a beautiful evening and a fun event. I had Monday off and performed in San Luis Obispo on Tuesday as a featured artist at songwriters showcase hosted by Steve Key, I usually don't like performing at these events much but this one was really different. Steve surrounded my set with some really fine talent and the place was packed. Any act performing in Central California should look into playing there.

I have hired a radio promotions firm here in LA, M:M Music that come highly recommended. They give me the best chance at getting national airplay and so I am very excited about that. I also have a tentative CD release party here in LA on August 23rd that I will post as soon as the host posts it!
-John

No comments: